|Institute for Patient-Centered Design, Inc.
235 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 890-5646 telephone/fax
|Experience this Space!
November 16 – 19, 2013
2013 Healthcare Design Conference
Gaylord Resort & Convention Center
|In Partnership with:
|Patient & Family Centered NICU Design Competition:
April 24 - June 24, 2013
Download the Patient & Family Centered NICU Call for Submissions
|The 2013 Patient & Family Centered NICU is an environment that is designed
to facilitate patient-centered care by creating conditions in which patients, their
families and caregivers are able to actively participate in the care plan,
promoting desired health outcomes. Institute for Patient-Centered Design, Inc.
will build a model of Patient & Family Centered NICU to be displayed at the 2013
Healthcare Design Conference in Orlando, Florida; and we would like to see
Submit your design for a chance to win one of three awards and to
inspire our 2013 Patient & Family Centered NICU.
|The 2013 Patient & Family Centered NICU Design Competition Jury:
Click here to read more about our Jurors.
|Submit your Design Solution in 4 Simple Steps:
Step 1: Review 2013 Patient & Family Centered NICU Call for Submissions and any of the following reference materials.
- NICU Environment References
- Neonatal Couplet Care, a presentation submitted by Nicole Pendenza, RNC-NIC,BSN
- The Challenges of Extended Postpartum Recovery for NICU Mothers: A proposed architectural solution
- 10 Principles of Patient-Centered Design
- Recommended NICU design standards and the physical environment of the NICU, Journal of Perinatology 33, S1 (April 2013) | doi:
- Recommended Standards for Newborn ICU Design
-Guidelines for Design and Construction of Health Care Facilities (Submissions must comply with the FGI Guidelines.)
Step 2: Determine the appropriate category for entry.
- Category A: New Design Solution – New ideas that respond directly to this Call for Submissions
- Category B: Commissioned Project – Built or un-built commissioned projects with patient-centric attributes as described in this Call
Step 3: Prepare your submission package. All entries must be presented as blind submissions.
For submission details, please download the 2013 Patient & Family Centered NICU Call for Submissions.
Step 4: Complete online registration, submit the entry fee of $199.00 and email your submission; or mail your
|Interested in sponsorship?
for a sponsorship prospectus,
or call us at 404-890-5646, ext. 2.
|Need more details?
Click here for an overview of the 2012